Child I have Prayed For


Ever since I was a little girl,
I prayed I’d be a mother,
I desired to have a little girl of my own,
My little girl would love me like no other!
I prayed she’d  have big beautiful eyes,
I prayed she’d love me,
I imagined I would hold her,
And love her like no other!
I just wanted to be a mother,

As the years passed and I grew older,
No husband had come,
I prayed I’d be a mother,
I desired to have a little girl of my own,
I promised to raise her right,
I promised I would teach her to love the lord,
I promised I’d raise her in the church,
I would love that little girl,
I just wanted to be a mother!

The Lord gave me a daughter,
My daughter came at night,
She was broken and bruised,
She had scars and dirt,
No wanted this girl,

My daughter wasn’t from my womb,
My daughter came from the Lord,
He made her just for me,
My daughter loves me like no other,
She has big beautiful eyes,
I love this child and hold her close to me,

I wanted to be a mother,
God gave this child to me, 
I have taught her right from wrong,
And how to bend her knee,
She's learning to love the Lord,
And how to walk close to Him,
I wanted to be a mother,

God gave these children to me.
He told us to minister to the fatherless,
To go and visit them,
There are so many children dying,
Who want to be our kids,
We must go and reach the lost,
And hold them close to us,
We must teach them right from wrong, 
And how to love the Lord,
If you want to be a mother,
Here is a dying world.

By Courtney Mary Thaler 02/11/18


This is Amy, my daughter that the Lord gave me!



Comments

  1. Very touching and raw. “Here is a dying world”

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many times can I tell you how amazing of a writer you are?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts