Things I Wish My Student’s Parents Knew

I don’t usually use this for anything but poetry... BUT after a particularly hard day of teaching I need to get some things off my chest! Let me say I feel that the Lord called me to be a teacher. I love being a teacher. It’s just that I AM HUMAN! So I decided to write about some things I wish my student’s parents knew...

Dear parents,
1. I love your kid. I won’t say I love them as much as you but I do love them! They are my students for one your but they become my kids for life!
2. I pray for them. When I pray I call each name in my class. I pray for their safety and for specific needs they have. I even pray how to handle situations for them.
3. I am human! I know shocking teachers are the part of the human race. We make serious mistakes, we forget, we even lose our cool, but at the end of the day I can only do my best and learn from my mistakes.
4. I have feelings. Behind my professional exterior I hide what I’m feeling (at least I try). Many times the moment I close my door for the day, I cry! It may have been something you said or a misunderstanding we had... but I have feelings too!
5. I want what’s best for your kid. Yes, I have extremely high expectations for your kid, but it’s only because I want them to succeed. When they leave my class I want them to be the best person they can be! One day I want to see one of my kids in the news becoming the President! I want to know I made a difference.
6. I know you are trusting me with your child. I don’t take that lightly! If you have a concern come talk to me. I promise to do the same! As they say if you don’t believe everything they say... I won’t believe all that they tell me. We are on the same team!

That’s really it. I just want you to know I love your kid! I’m just a teacher who wants your kid to learn! If I hurt your child’s feelings if you tell me I will try to make it right. If I grade something wrong, tell me, white out can fix that! Just tell me...

Sincerely,
Miss Thaler
Caleb Bear came to read to T's class!




Comments

  1. Miss Thaler, you're a wonderful teacher. Thank you for all you do for the next generation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that the hat I gave Simon when he was a baby????

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts