My Choreographer


A little girl who felt she found freedom,
But truly found judgement,
Desired true love,

Freedom?
Feet bound in tap shoes,
Face covered by makeup,
Body exposed with shame,

Judged,
Technique needs work,
Emotions didn’t connect with us,
Presence was not there,

Love?
Partners always left,
Moves created desires,
Longing that was never filled,

Until one day,
She found the Him,
He became her choreographer,

He unbound her feet,
Uncovered the real her,
He removed her shame,

No technique was needed,
Her emotions connected with His,
She danced in His presence,

This partner promised to never leave,
Her desire was to please Him,
He had filled that girl,

This little girl allowed Him to choreograph, 
When she danced she danced for Him,

Hair flowing,
Hands raised,
Circling,
Rejoicing...
He choreographed.

By Courtney Mary Thaler 
03/03/18

Many people don’t know this about me... but for most of my life I was a competitive dancer. I loved dancing! When I got into church I thought that was going to be the one thing that I missed most. What I found was my favorite thing in the world is to dance in worship! In that place I find freedom! No longer do I have to worry about how I look, because my goal is to please the Lord!

Comments

  1. <3 "He unbound her feet" There is no freedom like being truly liberated

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts