Psalms 126

My eyes open and there is a fog,
I begin to unfold my tired bones,
One foot in front of the other,
Each step is labored,
My eye gaze through the smudged glass,
I reach out to touch it, cold,
I see the trees begin to rustle,
I must go, it’s time to go,
Though I’m weary I must,
This is my inheritance,
I must go out to the land of my father,
The land of many failed crops,
My father wept for this land,

I step out, the dust swirls about my ankles,
I slowly fold down,
I touch the dry dust,
Many have mocked me,
“The land will never produce,”
One lone tear rolls down my cheek,
Into my dust,
I have sewn many seeds,
I have watered with many tears,
I trusted my father when he said,
“Sew, water, and reap my son,”
I have not seen the harvest,
But I know, I know it’s coming,

I must walk,
I must go out among the seed,
The tears flow,
I go out unto every row,
The wind picks up,
I watch the dust fly,
This is my inheritance,
My father’s field,
I walk,
I drop to my knee,
I see it... 
A sprout!
My father’s sprout,

Rejoicing I walk,
My cheeks moist with hope,
Weeping and working,
Working and weeping,
I work,
This is my inheritance,
My father’s land,
My father’s field,
My father’s sprout,
When the day is done,
I lay down to sleep,
Knowing tomorrow is full of hope,

The light beams through,
Reflecting on my face,
I open my eyes,
I bound out of bed,
I must go,
I must go to my father’s land,
I step out,
I see it, green,
I see it all!
My father’s harvest!
I have sewn many seed,
I have wept many tears,
I must harvest the crop,
For those who sew in tears, 
Shall reap in joy!

Bus kids playing in the dirt on visitation!
Outreach Table for kids church

Sunday Morning Van




















This poem came to me after my pastor preached the most powerful message from Psalms 126. I sat in awe of what the Lord had dealt with him about. I am beyond blessed to be under his leadership!

Comments

Popular Posts